Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Teach Out Project

                                                   Topic:  Bilingual Education

Inspirational Articles:  

Aria by Richard Rodriguez  & 

Teaching Multilingual Children by  Virginia Collier

Teach Out Audience:  ESL teacher in my district and my daughter Abby

Format: Interview with my colleague Donna (ELS k-12 teacher)/ creating need to know pamphlet to classroom teachers with information on ESL.

Overview:

My friend and colleague Donna is the ESL teacher in the school district that I work in.  This district is a predominately white, English speaking population.  Her position can at times be challenging due in part because of the lack of resources.  Also, Donna is the only ESL teacher in my district of around 1,740 students.    Due in part to a large International, local company in town many engineering families move here for a short period of time.  There have been students from Spain, Croatia, and the Netherlands to name a few.   I will focus my project on the challenges low incidence districts (and also most districts now with the influx of immigrants) face with providing support to English language learners.  Also to their families adjusting to a new culture and school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                    Presentation